Student Page Position
**This is a year-round position**
Status: Part-time | Hours: Days, evenings, weekends | Wage: Minimum Wage | Start Dates: TBA
The Brockville Public Library (BPL) employs part-time students to maintain the Library shelves and assist with circulation and clerical duties.
- The individual is a customer service champion first and foremost; in addition:
- Shelves library materials and ensures that items on the shelf are tidy and in proper order.
- Performs various housekeeping tasks such as dusting shelves, tidying library areas, etc.
- Assists with basic circulation tasks including answering the telephone.
- Assists library staff in the closing the library.
- Delivers daily mail to the post office.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Eligibility and Required Skills
- Candidates must be 14 years of age and completion of Grade 8.
- Evidence of volunteer experience.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills; maintains confidentiality.
- Displays an aptitude for customer service.
- Displays excellent interpersonal and team-oriented workplace skills.
- General office working conditions.
- Interaction with the general public.
- Defined base hours per week; approximately 26 hours over a 4 week cycle; day, evening and weekend service shifts required.
- Position requires lifting – 15lbs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Amanda Robinson: Manager: Resources & Technology
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 29, at 5pm
We thank you for your application; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back To Top